What is Prime?
The Prime Card is a reloadable, instant issue, Prepaid MasterCard® card. It functions much in the same way as any other MasterCard product but being prepaid means it is not linked to your bank account and you can't spend more than you have on the card.
Like any other MasterCard, you can use the card to purchase items in any store displaying the MasterCard Acceptance Mark, Online and to withdraw funds from UK domestic ATMs once you have Upgraded.
Reasons to buy a Prime Card
- Prime is ideal for online shopping. Prime gives you a safe alternative for online shopping as it is not linked to any potentially vulnerable bank account. And it is chip and PIN protected
- Prime is more useful than cash. You can use it to shop online and anywhere in the world that's part of the MasterCard global network
- You can Upgrade your Prime Card to access the ATM cashpoint network in the UK and abroad
It is everything that our customers said they wanted in a pre-paid payment card
- It is easy to get. You can order online now
- It is easy and safe to use for online shopping - it is not linked to a bank account
- It is ideal for managing your money. Your limits, your budgets, your peace-of-mind
- It is chip & PIN protected